Brief Job Summary:
Responsible for day-to-day operations on the floor that could involving hiring staff, directing staff for training purposes and scheduling and dealing with complaints or concerns from guest. Stationed in the Ranger Station with a Nathan’s Hot dog franchise, Pic-i-nic Basket Snack Bar, Hunt Brothers Pizza and Swirl Station Ice Cream. Will accommodate park guest by perform duties which combine preparing and serving food, while working as a team with employees in this department and adhere to all safety and food code regulations.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties: (these duties include, but are not limited to):
- Supervises all employees to assure adherence to approved standards of product preparation and customer service
- Responsible for hiring qualified employees, creating schedule and dealing with employee conflict to build a successful team within the department
- Responsible for maintaining positive customer relations, and handles customer complaints in an effective professional manner
- Responsible for collecting, recording and safeguarding cash to include the manager’s bank, following company cash control procedures
- As directed by Assistant General Manager, purchases supplies from approved vendors, and is responsible for the receipt and storage of material in accordance with purchasing policies and procedures
- Communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints
- Accept payment from customers, and make change as necessary
- Request and record customer orders, and compute bills using cash registers
- Prepare daily food items, and cook simple foods and beverages, while using precautions and sanitary measures
- Clean and organize eating, service, and kitchen areas.
- Monitor and order supplies or food items and restock as necessary to maintain inventory. Properly enter inventory into CenterEdge.
- Wash dishes, glassware, and silverware after meals
- Notify kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders
- Relay food orders to cooks
- Prepare and serve cold drinks, or frozen milk drinks or desserts, using drink-dispensing, milkshake, or frozen custard machines
- Select food items from serving or storage areas and place them in dishes, on serving trays, or in take-out bags/boxes
Other Job Functions:
- Works closely with management and fellow staff in developing a team that effectively represents the quality and professionalism of camp-resort property, through the use of professional communication including a proper phone and in-person greeting and professional written communication when needed
- Attends and participates in training programs as requested
- Assists other staff members in other departments as needed