Brief Job Summary: The Guest Services department will be the first line of employees that guest encounter, whether it is through the phone or in-person. It is important to be consist in all aspects of this job position. Will accommodate Park guest by making and confirming reservations, registering/checking in guests, issuing/distributing Park information throughout, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping record guests' accounts through computer software and presenting statements to and collecting payments from guests.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties: (these duties include, but are not limited to):
- Basic computer skills knowledge
- Answering the Park phone with friendliness and assigned professional greeting
- Greeting guest in person immediately when they approach reservations desk
- Recording guest comments or complaints and reporting them to guest services shift leader
- Provides local directions, information, and recommends facilities, restaurants, and stores to guest
- Fast and accurate computer operations, cash handling, and customer service skills
- Operate cash register, need to be fast paced and consisted (especially on weekends)
- Processing payments through computer software (RMS)
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests
- Confirming reservations by sending out confirmations
- Process online reservations
- Understanding RMS computer software/database to make reservations, rentals, point-of-sale purchases, etc.
- Checking guest in, doing so in a timely manager and providing them with check-in packets, brochures, etc.
- Maintains reservations desk appearance and cleanliness
- Placing payments on guest reservations/or rentals in the form of cash or credit cards
- Contact maintenance manager when guest reports and problem and inform staff leader
- Critical thinking skills to identify alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to a problem
- Review accounts and charges with guests during the check-out process
- Clean and maintain lobby and common areas, such as restocking supplies and sweeping work area
- Communicating face-to-face, phone or through mail
Other Job Functions:
- Works closely with management and fellow staff in developing a team that effectively represents the quality and professionalism of camp-resort property, using professional communication including a proper phone and in-person greeting and professional written communication when needed
- Attends and participates in training programs as requested
- Assists other staff members in other departments as needed
- May be required to drive motorized vehicle on or off property for company business.